10.10.2011

Happy Anniversary!

Happy 2 years to my sweetheart. It has gone by so fast and I look forward to so many more together! Here are my thoughts on how things differed from year one to year two.
Year One Married Life (The year of learning): Being a newlywed is bliss but it's definitely an adjustment! Going into it you don't think it will be hard because you're so excited to start you're lives together but you quickly find out how much work it is and what things will drive each other crazy! So far I can say that it has well been worth all the work and the best years of my life. I am so blessed to have a partner that is so willing to put in all the work needed to make this a happy lasting marriage. This was the year we learned how to set goals together, budget together, how to test each others boundaries, how to stay humble and apologize, what each of our needs are, how to divide work, and how each of us communicates best and likes to be communicated to. We have had to come together and readjust things so we don't fall into bad habits or slowly let change and distance creep in between us. We couldn't have had a more fun first year together. Ah the poor married life in Utah county. :)

Year Two Married Life (The year of reliance): This year we made lots of big decisions together such as moving to Texas for the summer, selling a car, and deciding to get pregnant. We went through a loss with Aspen and really learned how to lean on each other. We've had to learn how to deal with stress together, how each of us handles stress, how to help each other, and mostly how to let the other person help you carry a burden. We went on our first big vacations together this year and had a blast! Last but not least, I have to mention that year two brought on my first ever gray hair! Even though it's been a stressful year full of change I can definitely say that it was a good one and we are so much stronger than when we started out. I can't wait to see all that year three will bring.



I love you Kevin! I didn't think it was possible but with having Weslie last week I love you even more. Our little family is everything to me. I wouldn't want to go through life's journey with anyone but you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys spent time here last summer. It was really fun to spend more time with Kevin and get to know him better. You make a great couple and here's looking forward to lots of happy marital years to come!

    ReplyDelete