3.28.2013

I'm Alive

Hello world,

I just wanted to check in. Things got pretty rough around here for a while. After I finally got checked out of the hospital I was still throwing up, which was pretty depressing. That afternoon Kevin realized that he had caught Weslie's flu bug. So I sent him off to my parents to be quarantined over there with the rest of my sick family members. Being so nauseous and weak I couldn't cd are for Wes, and I wasn't going to send her over to the sick house. Luckily, I have an awesome visiting teacher. Tresa came right over and took Weslie away. I'm sure she had a lot more fun over there than she would've over here with me dying. It was pretty lonely being in an empty house. Things finally calmed down and since then I have had more help from many other wonderful members in our ward and some delicious meals too. I think the worst of it is over. I am still nauseous and unbelievably tired when I have to take my back up medicine but it is manageable now. At least I can care for my sweet girl most days. However, she has a stupid cough at the moment and the mucus is completely nauseating for me. How can I reject my sweet girl and be so disgusted by her you ask? Well, when you're feeling the way I do anything is possible. Oddly enough I have a feeling that we are going to have boys. I think if they were girls that things would be even worse (I don't even want to think about it). I was right about them being twins, so we shall see. So there you have it, I am still alive. I'm sure things will continue on this way for a few more months. I will try to make the most of it. It is starting to warm up more here so maybe I can start taking Wes to go swimming. At least then we will be doing something outside of the house, which we both need!

Pregnancy Notes

The twins are Mono Di, which means they came from one egg that split, they have two seperate sacs and share a placenta. It's the placenta part that's scary because one baby might hog all the nutrients. So that means lots of vitamins for me. And it also means that they're identical. It's crazy that they can tell so early! 

This pregnancy has been a lot different from last time. I started noticing subtle changes and suspected I was pregnant at just 2 weeks. We were planning to get pregnant so it might have all been in my head, but we did test early and confirmed at just 4 weeks. I've felt very uncomfortable laying on my stomach since about 5 weeks, whereas last time I slept on my tummy as long as I could! Last time I had a lot more smells bother me than I've had this time. It seems like there are more "good" smells and cravings. I am already huge so don't be expecting many pictures anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope things get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete