12.28.2013

Potty Training

Well, we decided to tackle potty training. Weslie was so excited to wear her new panties and even slept with the pack the night before.I sent the babies away and Wes and I spent a whole day together eating salty snacks and drinking lots and lots. There were lots of marshmallow rewards and lots of Peppa Pig on the Ipad while we sat on the potty. We decided to go with the naked method and it worked pretty well for us. The second day we did panties only and she had a hard time pulling them up and down over those plump cheeks of hers. Things were slow going for the last 2 weeks.

Fatsies monitoring
She had minimal accidents, and if she did tinkle a little bit she would tell me and finish on the potty. This last week she's started telling me when she needs to go and she has even gone on her own! Woohoo! We've been out in public several times and haven't had any accidents yet! Today she finally started and ended a poop on the toilette with no troubles. That pretty much means she's graduated potty training as far as I'm concerned! Well...minus the pull-ups at night. I am so proud of her, and glad the hard work is over! She had shown so many of the signs that she was ready but I was still nervous she wouldn't get it or want to do it. She surprised me with how quickly I felt I could trust her without asking her if she needed to go every 5 min. It has been so fun to watch her make such a big transition with such ease and see how proud of herself she has been with every success. Yay for only 2 kids in diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment