So about 3 weeks ago (which just happened to be the week before Kevin left for a week long business trip) Remi decided she was ready to potty train. I knew they were getting close but I was not planning on doing it for another couple weeks. Monday morning Remi starts pulling at her diaper and crying that she wanted to go on the potty and that was the beginning of our 3 day stay at home, no phone, hard core training. I was not mentally prepared!
![]() |
| Look at those cute sophie buns in those big girl panties |
Sophie was happy to start alongside Rem. Remi got off to a better start but as usual once Sophie was finally ready she caught on quickly. At one point Remi came running out of the bathroom clenching her cheeks and crying for a diaper so I threw her on the potty and out came all her business. They both pooped in the potty the first day. Remi seems to have had more pee accidents and Sophie had more poops. They are pretty much trained now and I can usually trust them leaving the house in panties. It's being bored and or distracted at home when they forget to run to the potty. I tried to motivate them with treats on our first day but they could care less about that. They were just so excited to beat each other to the potty and the real motivator the last couple days was the reward of getting to wipe if they went on the potty. Oh the simple things.
All in all it was a lot less painful to train twins than I thought it would be. I think they were more ready than Weslie might have been when I trained her, but they were definitely easier than she was.
Pros to twin training:
-They feed off each other's excitement
-They get to watch each other go through the process
-They race each other to the potty
-You get to watch TWO cute pairs of buns running around
Cons:
-Sometimes while you're cleaning up one accident another one is being made
-Sometimes they both need to go at the same time
-It's hilarious to stuff the toilette with toilette paper when you have a friend to laugh with
After our unexpected three days ended I was exhausted and already dreading the upcoming week of being a single parent, but we had two proud little ladies and that was pretty awesome to see happen. I couldn't help going to bed a little sad on the last night knowing that these two were officially big kids now and not my little babies anymore. It's more bitter than it is sweet playing with the idea that we might be done with babies in diapers forever.




No comments:
Post a Comment