12.06.2015

Thanksgiving

Chloe came home the Friday before Thanksgiving and the girls were thrilled to have their Aunt B home to boss around and snuggle as they pleased. Chloe, Madi, mom and I all took a trip to a giant Christmas store together. It was nice to have all of us girls back together again.

This year I hosted my first Thanksgiving for Kevin's mom and siblings. I was nervous of course and made several preparations ahead of time, which was silly because everyone was helpful all week. It was so fun to have everyone all together again and at our new house! We were happy to lounge around visiting for most of the time.

We did go to the Perot museum and Kevin got me a membership! Yay!




Weslie got to go with the big girls to the nail salon to get her first manicure with Nana. She sat so still the whole time. The girls all loved our last minute shopping trip to Trader Joe's.




On Wednesday night we watched Hook while we did some Thanksgiving preparations and I couldn't help but get a little misty eyed. Anyway, that is such a wonderful movie and I can't believe Robin Williams is dead.  The meal turned out wonderful and everything looked perfect. (Thanks Erinn for doing the decorating!)

Sophie and Remi were very shy at first but warmed up at the end of the trip. Wes had a blast playing with her cousins and Penny soaked up all the attention she could. All three girls had Aunt Rachel reading a story to them constantly.


Also, this happened for the first time in a really really long time:

 On Friday everyone left to go down to Austin and check out Andrew and Erinn's new house. We were a little sad when the party moved on without us but it was nice to rest and get over the colds we all caught. To cheer ourselves up I took the girls to see the Peanuts movie with Aunt B and then we setup our Christmas decorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment