4.22.2016

Quick Recap

The last month has been pretty tough! But I wanted to quickly post about a few things I thought were worth mentioning.

Easter weekend we drove down the San Antonio to visit Sam and the family. We went to a fun little amusement park, enjoyed some good Mexican food, saw the Alamo and walked the Riverwalk.


After that we headed up to Austin to spend Easter with Andrew and Erinn. We had a cute little egg hunt, a delicious Sunday dinner and a great time with cousin. Remi was the master egg hunter this year.

At this point my preggo sickness caught up to me and I was basically dying. I counted 14 times on Saturday and was begging Kevin to take me to the ER. Somehow we survived and made it home and I got on some medication that has made life more bearable.

Soon after we got back my dear friend Kaisey found out she had lost her baby. She was just a month away from delivering. It was such a blessing to be able to help her and her family through this hard time and witness all the miracles and tender mercies at work. This is the second child they have had to bury. She is probably the strongest woman I know and such an example to me. I was one of the lucky few that got to hold sweet baby Briggs after he was delivered.

 There was a very sweet funeral for him filled with lots of love and support. It was so cool to see the Wylie PD there supporting Sam and the family. That night a huge hail storm came and trashed my house. We lost 5 windows, broken AC, had a trashed roof, lost some of our fence and more. We were left with glass, ice and water all over the house. It was really cool and so loud I had to yell so the girls could hear me. We were all safe in my room when the windows broke. I am so glad there wasn't a tornado because we would've been trapped in there since there was glass and ice blowing over onto the stairs. That night the Shipley's came over when they didn't hear from us and helped US get the windows boarded and glass cleaned up. They are truly amazing people and we are so blessed to call them friends.

 Since then life has been slow. Windows are still boarded up, carpet is damp and smelly, and no AC to circulate the stale air. I'm still nauseas most of the day but keep things down for the most part. Kevin has been out of town the last week which I knew would be hard but it got even harder when the flu started cycling through all the girls. All you can do when you're sick and have to clean up someone else's throw up (By the way throw up actually happens to be a huge fear of mine) is cry. Today we fly out to meet Kevin in California and the majority of them have diarrhea. Hopefully things start looking up. Something's gotta give!

No comments:

Post a Comment