4.07.2015

Easter Weekend 2015

This year our playgroup Easter egg hunt was HUGE. Weslie ran right out and collected tons of eggs with her big kid friends. I took my shy Remi by the hand and called for Sophie but she was so in awe of everything that she just stood there watching. Some other sweet momma took her by the hand and helped her get a couple eggs. The littles were content with finding 1-2 eggs each and examining and eating them. Luckily Weslie made up the difference and there was lots to go around.









It was cloudy and chilly during the hunt but the sun came out right at the end. This was lucky because we headed straight over to Grammy's to swim in the heated pool! We left the girls there for the rest of the day and Kevin and I headed over to catch a session at the temple and we BARELY made it! I was the last one to get in there. I'm glad we were able to make a session and start off Easter together that way. Kevin and I fasted that day to help us prepare to receive some guidance as we start looking for houses, so after we got out of the session we went on a delicious sushi date. We scarfed our food down and were in and out of that place within 30 minutes haha. After dinner we stopped at home to change and help Chloe get the girls ready for bed (not that she needs the help) and then Kevin and I headed out to a birthday party. It was quite an eventful day!



On Saturday we went over to Grammy's again and enjoyed the first session of conference and some delicious banana bread I made. Yum! The girls also painted eggs. Sophie really thought she needed to be the boss of the eggs and enjoyed dropping them into the colors. They all had fun. In the afternoon Kevin and I set out to look at 4 houses and that was fun/scary. Later that day Kevin and I got to swim with the girls. They were so glad to be able to play with their dad.



On Sunday morning the girls were excited to see that the Easter bunny had visited us. Sophie and Remi were all about the candy filled eggs and Weslie was all about the new toys. They all got Disney princess and minnie mouse tableware and they all enjoyed a nice Easter breakfast on their new plates while they watched the Peanuts Easter special. We had a nice morning together as a family and mom even got a nap.



We finished the day off with turkey dinner and the last session of conference at Grammy's. It just didn't feel right having the girls wear their Easter dresses to church a week early but it sure was great to have Easter and conference weekend together. 



1 comment:

  1. Aborable sweet pictures. Easter sounds fun with the girls

    ReplyDelete