4.06.2015

18 Months and 2.5 Years






 Sophie
Loves wearing socks and/or shoes
Can say (no, thank you, more)
She is by far my bravest child
LOVES books
Loves to "read" books
Loves to have long conversations. She has a lot to say with her sweet quiet voice.
She is very intricate with her tiny hands and it is so fun to watch
Loves to be naked
Sophie has become my momma's girl lately and I love having my little buddy with me whenever I go anywhere.
Remi
Will not eat bread
Says lots of words (More, thank you, grandpa, up, please)
Still takes a binki
Uses her hands when she gets super excited and runs around squeaking. (So cute!)
LOVES books
Always says "Thank you" whenever I give her anything. It melts my heart every time.
Remi always comes to check in with me when she's playing, whether it's to show me something cool or for a quick hug. She always likes to be close to us.
At the moment she is more of the bully and takes anything she wants.
Major stranger danger


They follow me everywhere! They have started to fight with each other and take things from each other...and push. It's not my favorite thing but they also play more together and that is very cute. They are usually very happy. They love learning new things and going outside. No one has discovered the toilette yet and I am grateful I haven't had to deal with any of those messes- even if it means potty training is still far off. They can both give a serious mean mugging to anyone deemed deserving! They love swimming and Weslie thinks it is the best thing ever to have her little sisters floating around in the hot tub with her! They are still a little small for their life vests so sometimes it pushes them onto their back and they get stuck like that. It is hilarious! The girls are in a bit of a whining stage right now and I hope we kick it to the curb soon. But things are great and I am realizing that I really need to blog more. I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of describing our busy lives right now. Life is awesome!
I found them like this one afternoon this past month.



Aunt B has been coming to nanny after school every Thursday so I can go to Dr. appointments, the dentist etc. and that has been awesome. The girls love the change and aunt B actually sticks to the schedule and even gave Weslie a time out once. I was very impressed. My favorite was having Chloe go with us to the Perot museum. It was nice to have her there to help. She got to entertain Weslie while I watched the littles.

We have a really great night time routine right now and I hope it lasts forever. I try to get them to wait until 5 for dinner (the struggle is real!) and they get in the tub right after. Then we have milk and stories in Wes's room, brush teeth and say prayers. Then I lay the babies down in their beds and do ABC mouse lessons with Wes in her bed on the iPad for about 30 min. Perfection.

It seems like just in the last month Weslie has really figured out who is who. It is so cute to hear her talk about them by name and be accurate. She knows their personalities too. If she wants to play or be loud she will usually team up with Sophie and if she wants loves she will usually go to Remi. She was so excited for them when they started walking, and thought it was the coolest thing. She actually likes playing with them now and I love it. I'm glad they are big enough to have fun together.






Weslie loves Curious George, playing with friends (especially Bentley!), singing, helping, playing outside, forts, the sand park and cooking.
Her favorite books are currently "the Blue Fish", "Spot" and "What snowmen do at night"
My favorite thing she says is "Oh my gosh."
She'll tell you her favorite foods are chocolate and marshmallows.
Favorite song is probably Follow the Prophet.
She loves to dress herself in dresses or her kitty shirt.
I haven't been able to give her all the attention she has needed lately and I am really working on getting one on one time in. She has been acting out a little bit and I can tell she is frustrated and bored. She sees the girls whining and getting attention so she tries to do the same. We can't wait for preschool this fall. She absolutely LOVES being in sunbeams. She is so sweet and loves to chat and be my buddy. Sometimes she just starts up a conversation with a compliment like, "I love your shoes mom." She is the best.

I made a new years resolution this year to get out of the house at least once a week to do something fun for the girls and I am proud to say I have kept it so far! It has really made a difference for all of us. It's so easy to end up stuck at home everyday because of naps, tantrums, etc but being out really has done us good. I can tell they aren't as bored at home and they get more worn out. The days also go by faster for me and it is nice when I get to visit with other adults. Yay for being a good mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment