
I feel like I have been really selfish this year, but in the best possible way. After 8 years of pregnancy, newborns, medication changes, hormone changes, weight gain/loss I decided it was time to really take care of myself again. There will never be anything more important than my family, but it's OK to make time for myself too. I feel like I have grown a lot this year. I started keeping promises that I made to myself. I decided that goals I set weren't unrealistic and that I didn't have to be afraid to fail. I decided it was ok to have wants and dreams outside of being a mom. I let myself travel a little and have a break! I came back feeling 100% recharged. I realized that if I take care of myself and keep my cup full, then I can take care of everyone else better.
I am trying to be more positive and nothing has helped more than keeping a gratitude journal. If I know I have to write 10 things down at the end of the day then I find myself looking for the good things all day long. I took President Nelson's challenge on a leap of faith and finished the Book of Mormon in 60 days. I feel like I understood it much better this time and I honestly believe it's because I chose to follow the Prophet for no other reason than just following him and using this as another chance to prove to myself that I can complete goals I set.
I got healthier this year, mentally and physically. I may not have lost the weight I set out to loose but I feel so much better and that counts for something. You guys, I ran a 5k! I still can't even believe I did it! It was a huge deal for me. If you would have told me even a year ago that I would run a race I would have laughed in your face. I feel so proud for finishing it. Kevin even got a little misty eyed cheering me on when he saw me nearing the finish line.


No comments:
Post a Comment