6.30.2013
Our Snoops at 20 months
We have a tender little girl on our hands. She is just so sweet. This week she has really started to use her words almost every time she wants something instead of getting upset. She loves swimming, playing with her baby doll, wearing everyone's shoes, beverages, kitties, and snuggling daddy.
Some of her favorite words/phrases lately:
Meow kitty
nuh night kitty
apple (which includes any round fruit)
please, okay
more please, okay!
Hi mommy/daddy
What you doin
where going kitty
buh bye (she says this almost every morning wanting to leave the house)
She tries to mimic a new word each day it seems like. I am just glad we are past NO being her favorite word.
This week Wes upgraded to a big girl bed. She fell asleep in the car on the way home the first night and was delighted to wake up and come get us in the morning. She showed me how she gets in and out all day and kept putting her kitty to sleep. I should've picked a better week to do it when we were actually on a schedule and not so busy. Oh well. The transition has been so inconsistent but she has done pretty well. It breaks my heart when I can hear her crying and saying "up". Sometimes she sneaks out of her room. I think it's so cute to watch her come in all shy and quiet. We just keep picking her up and putting her back in her bed and she eventually goes to sleep. Hopefully being on a schedule this week, the times she comes out of her room will go down. Naps are still a challenge. We have been on the go a lot this week so I was lucky enough to have her fall asleep in the car and move her upstairs a few times. She got one nap in at grammy's in her crip over there, but the other time I tried to put her down we had diaper challenges. She usually takes a while to stop playing, then she cries and then she goes to sleep, but after a while of crying I finally went to check up on her, and that's when I saw it. The diaper was on the floor. The poop that was in the diaper had fallen out into the crib, and there was a big pee puddle. There Weslie stood in the midst of all the chaos, with a huge smile at seeing me there to liberate her. No wonder she didn't go to sleep! I am just glad she didn't play in her poop! Sometimes I wish she was ready to tackle potty training but I know she isn't even close yet. No more naps wearing just diapers. Here's to an easier week on a schedule for my poor girl. She really is a "just go with the flow" kind of person just like her dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment