Thank goodness tomorrow is the last day of August. I couldn't be more excited to welcome fall-even if the temperature is
much hotter than I'd like. I have to say I am really missing Utah and
the gorgeous fall colors in the canyon. I feel like I have been pregnant for 2 years. Maybe it's because we found out so early...or maybe because I have been huge and uncomfortable or deathly ill the whole time...or maybe it's because I've seen all my pregnant friends have their babies in the last few months. Whatever the reason I'm about ready for these babies to get out of my body. Seriously...get out. I want them here already, even though I will be sleep deprived. I seriously can't wait! I am just praying that they will be healthy at 36 weeks and not need to stay in the hospital.
So we are finally in the last leg of the pregnancy and the countdown has officially started. My doctor called me early this week and said that after speaking with my specialist that he thought we should move my c-section date up to Oct. 2nd. So we are officially on the books for surgery and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This meant that I got to move everything up a week on my calendar-all my little preparatory tasks. We have a pretty busy month ahead so hopefully time will fly by! It doesn't look like I'll need to go on bed rest so far so that is great news.
Weslie has been extra snuggly this week. I think she knows something is coming. I have been loving the snuggles. She has also been more content playing at home with her toys than usual so I have been able to get lots of stuff checked off my list. She has added a step to her bedtime ritual and she now requests laying in our bed and having story time in there. She has caught on that if she wants to snuggle with us then we can't resist letting her stay up later. There's nothing cuter than her throwing her little arm around my neck and pulling me in close to her. She is such a tender girl. She is also getting a lot better at pronouncing more letters and she is FINALLY learning to self feed with a spoon (totally my fault...it took so long). Yay, Wes!
My baby shower has been rescheduled about 100 times, so that's a little frustrating. After having to move the day the first time my friends have tried to find the best day where the most people can come. We rescheduled for tomorrow but now there is a funeral for a BABY in our ward tomorrow so we are pushing it back another week. Of course I'm not bitter about moving it for the funeral...it's so sad! I am just nervous no one will be able to come to the shower because it's been moved so many times and I feel bad that my friends put so much effort into it. Oh well, we will party with whoever comes. :)
I think tonight is a good night to eat out. We won't be able to go to a restaurant as a family for much longer. Tomorrow afternoon should be fun too. We are going shopping for a few baby clothes since it's the labor day sale and they finally have fall clothes out! I might also stop into bath and body works and get a few fall candles :)
No comments:
Post a Comment