Time to play catch up! Over the last year I have had to let a few things slack in order to keep my sanity and sadly the blog was one of those things.
The big event for June was Kevin turing 30!! It was a pretty laid back Birthday but he got some sweet new clubs to hit the course with. I made him a coordinating cake thanks to Pintrest haha. Honestly, I think this year has been harder on me as far as age is concerned than it has been for Kevin. He is such a great dad, husband and provider. Thirty never looked so good!
4th of July
This year we went to the Allen fireworks show again and it was awesome as usual! Weslie actually stayed awake for the show this year and we left the babies at home with Grammy. It's always refreshing to take her out to do fun things as just the 3 of us. I know she loves the extra attention whenever she can get it! Pentatonix did a show and there were lots of things to see and do. We had a picnic with some of our friends on the lawn before the show and the kids had lots of time to play. Weslie's boyfriend even brought glow sticks to share. As much as I hate crowds, I always end up enjoying these events.
We kept the actual 4th pretty casual and just had some friends over to swim and BBQ. We love having extra play time with dad home. We were kinda lame and didn't even do sparklers, but the swimming was perfect and wore the girls right out. I think Kevin and I were in our bed watching Netflix by 8 that night. It was pretty perfect if you ask me :)
Other interesting things that happened in July.....
Weslie LOVES eggs...I don't know what's so fascinating about them but she loves them. On July 11th she decided to egg my couch.
I also took this girl on a date night to see Grandpa's old man band play :) She thought it was pretty cool to see grandpa singing at the loud party!
Oh and Weslie also loved seeing the kittens when Madi's cat had them. I don't know what we are going to do with this crazy cat lady of ours.






No comments:
Post a Comment