I am writing this story down so I don't forget it.
A couple weeks ago I had my fall candle going in my house and started the day off in a really great mood. It was a cooler day so I decided to get the girls dressed in some fall clothes. I then realized that I didn't have a spare sheet for Weslie's big girl bed and that I should probably get one before I leave town for my surgery. Since we were all dressed I decided that day was a Target day.
Not long after we arrived at Target Weslie ran ahead of me a little bit. "You have to stay by me." I warned. She looked back and smiled as if to say, "I can do whatever I want." Then she ran off. I watched her from a distance, as I was not going to run after her with the limo I drive (the girls huge stroller). I lost her in my line of sight for half a second and she was gone. I walked the neighboring aisles calling for her and asked a few people if they had seen a little girl. After a few minutes I decided to go to the front of the store.
There was a long line for customer service. I cut everyone and approached a large grouchy lady. "Hello." I smiled. "Hi" the lady mumbled, clearly irritated. "I've lost my child." I stated. She quickly perked up and before I knew it she was saying "We have a code yellow." Over the radio. She asked what she was wearing etc. and I had to tell her that she's almost 3 but looks like she's 5. She was lost for about 10 minutes. I was panicked but kept my cool. I was most afraid that she wasn't in the store and that she had gone right out the front door. I was about to loose it and go out and check the parking lot when the lady told me that they'd found her. Secretly I was hoping that they found her scared and crying in a corner somewhere (So that she would never do it again!!).
That was not the case. They found her in the furniture section lounging on a little mini pink chair meant just for a little girl like her with a dream light toy she had picked up on the way. She was excited to see me. I got down on her level and tried to explain how scared I was because she was lost but she was too busy and excited trying to tell me about the dream light toy she had found.
That girl has no fear of loosing me.
No comments:
Post a Comment