3.25.2015

New York



My dad took me with him on a business trip to NYC last weekend. It was a last minute thing so there wasn't really anytime to get anxious about leaving the kids. I am always so much more at ease when Kevin is with them. He is super dad. They had a great time together and he even had the house clean and laundry done and folded before I got home. It kinda makes me wonder if they really need me? haha. Just kidding!

I hadn't really planned anything out for the trip and it was a nice change to play things by ear. In the end I got to do almost everything I wanted to. Sometimes I forget what it's like to be on my own. I actually got to listen to music and watch movies on the airplane, and there were no strollers to deal with. The trip was short, busy and yet relaxing. It was the perfect weekend getaway and I did better than I thought I would being away from the family. We probably walked 15 miles all over the city just looking at things and stopping when we wanted to.

We ate lots of good food and I even got Kevin and I macaroons at Laduree. They are shipped in from Paris daily and very expensive and very tasty, so that was really fun. I tried to do less "touristy" things this trip and stay away from Times Square. It was nice to see other things this time around.

On Sunday we saw "Into the Woods" off Broadway and it was awesome! I had to keep myself from singing along. That was my first off broadway show and I loved it. Dad is always fun to travel with, especially when he gets hyper. I'm pretty lucky to have him.

We stopped for a quick visit to see Andrew and Erinn. The boys were already asleep but it was fun to visit and talk about their move to Texas in a few months. I can't wait to see more of them. Erinn gave me lots of great recommendations for my trip-you know since she is a full on new yorker now! I still can't believe they live there! She is a rock star! I don't think I could take my kids out on the subway every day. Their little place is cute and I'm sure glad I got to see it before they move.
On Monday I lounged around the hotel room all day in my G's while dad was at work. It was a really nice change. I sure was glad to be back home with my family and back in my own bed Monday night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment