10.29.2013

One Month


How is it that it's been a month already? I feel like I have hardly had any snuggle time with these girls. It is going way too fast already. I want to hold them all the time but it's been hard to balance sleep, snuggles, Weslie time and household duties. I usually neglect sleep and chores to be with either Weslie or snuggle the babies, and occasionally I'll just sit next to all of them on the couch and zone out while Weslie's cartoons are playing on the TV. Overall being at home during the day is easy. These babies are little angels. I thought we were lucky with Wes but these girls are even easier than she was. I don't know what we did to deserve such easy babies. The hard thing is going out. Sometimes all I have to do is get everyone dressed, fed and do diaper changes and it can literally take 3 hours to get everyone settled and ready to get in the car. It's like they can sense the stress I'm feeling from having to be somewhere and they get fussy. It's definitely hard to get everyone out the door and I haven't attempted going anywhere with all 3 alone. Any outings usually start with dropping either the babies or Weslie off with a sitter first. Heck, I can't even fit all my kids in the grocery cart! And Wes cannot be trusted to stay with me. I don't anticipate taking them out alone for a while. The stress of getting out of the house is very discouraging so we've had a lot of pajama days at home, which has been nice for getting everyone on a schedule, but at the same Wes and I get a little cabin fever not being able to just get out of the house without a whole ordeal. I try to get out at least a few times a week and it's always nice once we do. I really do make it harder for myself by stressing out about getting ready and getting out.

We went in to the doc office today to weigh in and they are both heavier than their birth weight. Woohoo! Remi is 6lbs 5oz and Soph is 5lbs 1oz (yay, she finally made it to 5lbs!!). They are healthy but Sophie still needs to be gaining more. So if she doesn't start eating more during the feedings then we have to start feeding her every 2 hours until she starts getting 12oz a day. 

The girls are so different. Their cries are different and I can usually tell who it is right away. Remi doesn't like the car seat but is fine to wait her turn for food if she has a binki. Sophie is the opposite. Remi seems to like nursing and burps easier when she does (although it's still a challenge!). Sophie likes the bottle more and I'm okay with that because that means I can see exactly how much she's eating. Remi is our loud eater and sometimes she forgets to breathe because she is trying to get it down so fast. It's no wonder she is bigger! Sophie will pretend to be hungry just to be held. She usually isn't serious about her meals and she would casually snack all day if I'd let her. They are both so sweet and I still catch myself staring at them in disbelief. I love all the "baby-ness". I love holding their tiny hands and feet. They seem to sleep more soundly when they are close together. Sometimes when they are hungry and rooting we will catch one baby sucking on the other baby's nose, hand, ear etc. They usually sleep through each other's crying pretty well too. Usually the timing is perfect and I am able to feed one right after another and then pump. But there are times when I can't get a bubble out of them and they get fussy. Then I have to go back and forth holding each of them to get them settled down again. That's when nights become long and hard. I don't mind snuggling them at night, I just hate feeling rushed to get one settled before the other one needs me again.

Weslie is so funny. She is curious about the girls and we catch her trying to feed them a bottle or patting them on the head in secret. As soon as she see's one of us she pretends nothing happened and goes back to ignoring them. She likes them deep down and she asks to hold them a little more everyday. It is the cutest thing when she snuggles them. She is such a ham. She is doing a lot better and is back to her happy self. Gosh I love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment