10.06.2015

Conference Weekend, Austin and Birthdays

For Conference this past weekend we took our first family road trip down to Austin to see Andrew and Erinn and their brand new house! The drive down was a nightmare of traffic and crying kids but once we got there it didn't disappoint. We had a nice laid back Friday and spent time catching up and playing at the park and on the trampoline. Kevin and I even got to sneak away for a lunch date. WHAT?! I love this guy. 
That's my man. 

 When we got back from the park Aunt Erinn had dinner ready and the cutest little Birthday party ready for the girls. Aunt Erinn is pretty cool.


Sophie and Remi passing the bat to each other to take turns was so cute. In the end Benson busted the piƱata open and he was the one smart enough to go for all the dollar bills.











After dinner we did snaps outside and had a dance party. Did I mention the weather was GORGEOUS while we were there? I could really see our family moving down there someday. It would be fun to be close to Kevin's family for once. Besides, who doesn't love cousin time? All weekend long Weslie referred to Eliot and Benson as "my cousins" or "my boys". Benson and Wes were the cutest little buddies.

On Saturday morning we watched conference until the kids got restless and then we headed out to lunch. We had awesome burgers and the kids got to play. Kevin and Andrew snuck away to checkout Andrew's office and Kevin came back green with envy. I can't believe how big Eliot has gotten and how dang expressive Benson is! They are so cute and probably the most well behaved boys I've ever met! After lunch we went on a fun little drive (made me miss our early days in Utah when Kevin and I went on beautiful drives all the time) and hiked Mount Bonnell. Sophie and Rem were really good sports for not having a nap and Weslie loved exploring with her cousins. She ran up to me halfway through and said, "Mom, there are so many WAYS! (meaning paths)." I wish we had more things like this to do in Dallas.

Remi and Kev
Sophie and the Austin skyline

Remi on the mountain



 On Sunday morning we got to watch lots of conference (which was an awesome surprise) and had some delicious cinnamon rolls. There's nothing like lounging around in your PJ's listening to our leaders speak. Andrew and Erinn were under the weather and the girls didn't want to nap so we decided to take off after the first session and get an early start home. We were all sad to say goodbye but glad that we are so close now. Can't wait for the next time. We sure love you guys! Thanks for such a great weekend!
On the way out of town we stopped at the state capitol and had a great lunch together. The girls slept on the way home and there was no traffic jams or tears. The weekend was too short, just like I knew it would be but I am so grateful that we had the time together.



On Monday we had cake to celebrate the girls again on Weslie's actual Birthday with the Shipley's and Grammy & Pocka (Grandpa).







We love spoiling these 3 rotten. But hey, it's nice to be nice to the nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment