10.06.2015

Weslie is FOUR!

Wes loves to do new things, going to school, painting, bubble baths, playing with friends and playing outside. She is eager to please, but also knows exactly what she wants. She is my little home body, but almost always ends up having a blast whenever we go out to play.
Rodeo Day at School
 She is super independent and my big helper. Tender 4 year olds have lots of big feelings and we are really working on teaching her how to communicate them better. I can tell she gets frustrated a lot when she can't find all the words to express how she's feeling but she is doing great. She is also a little OCD. She likes things to be just right and she does not handle change well at all.

A couple weeks ago she climbed on our toilette to get into our bathroom cabinet where she got into big trouble. She came and told me that she had eaten "the gummies." Which meant she had just eaten who knows how many melatonin gummies. We called the doctor who told us to make her throw them up. Being someone who hates throw up/throwing up and has great anxiety over the whole thing, I'd say this was probably one of the worst experiences for both of us. Try as I might I could not get her to toss them up, and I tried hard. When Kevin got home she was in the corner of the bathroom crying. He soon figured out that she fought hard and ended up having to use her toothbrush. It was a horrible experience for everyone- but she slept really great that night and everything is okay now. 

She can't handle it when other people are crying because they're sad and she does whatever she can to try and cheer them up. A couple weeks ago I was running some errands with the girls and one of them (I think Sophie) would not stop crying. She had skipped out on her nap and nothing I did that day was working. I was so frustrated and just said to myself, "Fine. She can just cry it out until we get back home. She can't cry forever and there is nothing else I can do for her while I'm driving." She cried and cried until Weslie said, "Mom can you please just hold her piggy." I reached back and grabbed that warm chubby foot and she calmed down almost instantly. She just needed some reassurance. It melted my heart! I often wonder how much my anxiety and frustration effects the girls and I am so grateful that I have such a sweet girl to keep me in check. 


Favorites

Color: Pink
Foods: Popsicles and apples
Book: The Rainbow Fish
Movie: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Show: Curious George
Song: Welcome to Da York (AKA Welcome to New York- Taylor Swift) and Take me to Church- Hozier
Best Friends: Bentley and Manning
Past Time: Spending the day with Grammy


No comments:

Post a Comment