On Friday morning we had another incident. I was in the shower and Sophie was helping Kevin get ready and bringing him his shoes when she tripped and hit her face right on the frame of our big mirror.
I heard the BOOM from the shower in the next room and Kevin ran right in with her in tow to get some tissues. I hurried and got out and Kevin already had his shoes on and was ready to take her in. It looked really scary at first because we couldn't tell if her eye had been cut but luckily she just missed it. In my mind I was thinking we would hurry and get dressed and meet Kevin and Sophie at the ER so Kevin could go to work. But, I was dressed by the time he was buckling her up and somehow we all ended up at the ER together.
Remi was very uncomfortable the whole time Soph was crying and Weslie really wanted to know that she would be ok. We were all pretty calm, aside from the anxiety I was having about someone showing up to the ER with a puking kid.
The nurse said that it really wasn't very deep. The doctor told us that since it was so close to her eye we couldn't glue it or numb it for stitches as much as they normally like to for kids. I am so glad that Kevin was there to hold her during that whole process. Me and the other 2 went to get juice and bagels. Weslie was really excited to take Sophie her juice to help her feel better. When we got back she was all stitched up (5 big stitches!) and ready to come home. On the way out the doctor told us that he could actually see the bone through the transparent tissue. So much for not being deep! Ouch! She was back to smiling in no time and has taken full advantage of milking her condition. We are so grateful that she didn't hit her eye!





No comments:
Post a Comment