10.06.2015

Sophie & Remi Turn TWO


Wow what a year it has been! This past year we have really gotten to see the girls come out of their shells. They are both very tender and love snuggling, shoes, snacks, tastes (donut holes), running, dancing and playing with big sister "Wessie". Generally Remi ventures out and does everything first but when Sophie is ready she gives it 100% and usually masters it quickly. In some ways they are so alike but in most ways they are entirely different. I love seeing the "twin" interactions. This year they started hugging, holding hands, sharing, calling each other by name etc. My favorite thing that they are saying right now is "No yike it." (I don't like it), "Lah You" (Love you) and "Hold you".


The girls are SUPER shy around new people, like almost on an unhealthy level. They are always right in my lap if we go somewhere new or play at a friends. They usually follow me from room to room at home too. I leave them in different rooms ALL the time and try and reassure them that I'm not going to abandon them or something. I love snuggling with them but seriously...those dishes aren't going to do themselves. I tried putting all 3 girls in ballet since they love to dance...hoping that it would help them warm up but I ended up having to pull Sophie and Remi out. Wes is still loving ballet. Look how cute they were though!!







And no, they don't really cling to each other when I leave either. Needless to say I am usually in there with nursery (and no...it doesn't make a difference if someone else drops them off...believe me I am NOT coddling them and I am constantly trying new things to help them.) I have let them "cry it out" a few times but they will literally cry nonstop for hours and when I come back it takes a good 30 minutes for them to calm down and catch their breathe from crying so hard. So for now, I have decided that I am not going to go that route. They are my preemie babies and maybe they're just not ready yet and I'm not going to traumatize them.


Sophie "Sossie"
26.5lbs
35 3/4 "


-Very tidy-loves to clean up and have things "just right"
-Pack rat- sometimes she even cried when she can't carry everything she wants and has toys falling out of her arms
-Loves sharing and will usually give anything up when asked nicely
-Loves babies
-Loves dogs
-Says "Woah!" in the car when we go fast
-Very quiet and likes to observe
-Favorite books are Spot and There's a Wocket in My Pocket
-Usually pretty even tempered but when she gets upset she throws a mean tantrum
-Very aware of others feelings and needs. She will often get Remi her binki when she is crying.






Remi "Nene"or "chubba"
28.5lbs
35 1/4"



-Usually looks to Sophie for reassurance or when doing something new
-Trouble maker
-Favorite book is Little Blue Truck
-Loves wearing necklaces
-Drama Queen
-Sticks out her cute lips (duck style) and over annunciates when she talks
-Still needs her binki
-Loves her "goggy" (dog blankie) and always sleeps with it
-Content to sit and snuggle
-Doesn't really like TV or iPad and would much rather entertain me or play with toys



We sure are lucky to have these goofs!






No comments:

Post a Comment